Section 8 : In the performance of duty of the Immigration Commission under this Act , the Committee
member who is also the security shall , without delay , submit matters under committee jurisdiction to the
chairman of the Committee ; his duty , he ( the committee member who is also the secretary ) shall
without delay , submit them to the committee member who is appointed by the committee. The chairman
of the committee or the committee member so appointed shall call for a meeting in accordance with the
urgency of the matter and in accordance with the rules and regulations fix by the committee.
In the meeting of the Commission , if the Chairman does not attend the meeting or is not in the
meeting of the members of the meeting shall select one member to preside over the Meeting.
The quorum of any meeting will consist of no less than half of all members.
Decisions of the meeting will be decided by a majority vote. One member has one vote. If the
voting score is equal , the Chairman of the meeting shall make the deciding vote.
Section 9 : The Immigration commission may appoint Sub – Committees or may empower any
Competent Official to carry out any assigned function.The provision of Section 8 shall be applied Mutantis
Mutandis for the meeting of the Sub – Committee.
Section 10 : In the performance of duties under this Act , the commission shall have power to issue
written orders asking persons concerned to give facts or to present documents pertaining to meters under
the power and duty of the Immigration Commission.
Entering and Department the Kingdom
Section 11: Persons entering into or departing the Kingdom must other and leave by way of
immigration check points , designated landing , stations or areas and in accordance to the prescribed
time as published in the Government Gazette by the Minister.
Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the
1. Having no genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of passport ; or having a
genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of a passport without Visaing by the Royal Thai
Embassies or Consulates in Foreign countries ; or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs , excepting if a visa
is not required for certain types of aliens in special instances.
Visaing and visa exemption will be under the learn and conditions as provided in the Ministerial
2. Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom.
3. Having entered into the Kingdom to take occupation as a laborer or to take employment by
using physical without skills training or to work in violation of the Ministerial Regulations.
4. Being mentally unstable or having any of the disease as prescribed in the Ministerial
5. Having not yet been vaccinated against smalllpox or inoculated or undergone any other
medical treatment for protection against disease and having refused to have such vaccinations
administered by the Immigration Doctor.
6. Having been imprisoned by the judgement of the Thai Court ; or by a lawful injunction ; or by
the judgement of the Court of foreign country , except when the penalty is foe petty offense or negligence
or is provided for as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations.
7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the public or likelihood of being a
nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace or safety of the public or to the security of the public or
to the security of the nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign
8. Reason to believe that entrance into the Kingdom was for the purpose of being involved in
prostitution , the trading of woman of children , drug smuggling , or other types of smuggling which are
contrary to the public morality.
9. Having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under him
10. Being a person prohibited by the Minister under Section 16.
11. Being deported by either the Government of Thailand that of or other foreign countries ; or
the right of stay in the Kingdom or in foreign countries having been revoked ; or having been sent out of
the Kingdom by competent officials at the expense of the Government of Thailand unless the Minister
shall consider exemption on an individual special case basis.
The examination and diagnosis of disease of a physical or mental nature , including protective
operations as against disease , shall be conducted by the Immigration Doctor.
Section 13 : The bellowed listed aliens shall not be required to have a passport or document in lieu
of passport :
1. Any person in charge of or the crew of a seagoing or air conveyance making an entry into a
port , station or locality in the Kingdom and departing therefrom. For convenience in controlling these
person , the competent official may issue them a certificate in accordance with the form as prescribed in
the Ministerial Regulations.
2. A citizen of a country with has its boundaries adjacent to Thailand making at a temporary
journey across the border under compliance with the agreement between the Government of Thailand
and of that country.
3. A passenger of an international train holding a through ticket and making a transit journey
across Thailand under compliance with the international agreement between the Government of Thailand
and of the country concerned , including the conductor and crew of such train.
Section 14 : The Minister shall have power to issue public notice in the Government Gazette requiring
the alien entering into the Kingdom to have with either money or bond , or shall have power to order an
exemption under any condition. The public notice issued by the Minister under the first paragraph of this
section shall not apply to children under the age of twelve years.
Section 15 : Aliens entering into the Kingdom under bellow listed status shall be exempted from
complying out the function or the prohibition under Section 11 , Section 12 (1) , (4) and (5) and Section 18